Primarily used to batch dissimilar fluids, the Series UM2 is also very effective for pipelines in need of light cleaning. How is this possible? The answer lies in the three versions of the Series UM. The two-cup design of the UM2 pig provides a positive seal between fluid interfaces for efficient batching. The UM3 three-cup and UM4 four-cup design pigs are both used to gently clean pipelines and for batching and separation operations. They are typically used for longer distance operations.
Designed to negotiate 1.5D bends, the Series UM2 pig moves reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- Given that anomalies are a fairly common feature of a pipeline scheduled for maintenance, it’s reassuring that pigs mounted with conical cups can traverse pipeline anomalies of up to 20% without damaging essential inline auxiliary equipment.
- Every Series UM pig is equipped with Apache Series M cups. As with all of Apache products, the Series M cup was especially developed to perform efficiently and reliably. To maximize durability, it’s made from Reliathane, Apache’s special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- Every Apache UM2 16”- 48” pig is manufactured with by-pass ports. These ports feature threaded plugs that can be removed, should by-pass be required. By removing the by-pass plugs, a portion of product flow is redirected through these openings. The debris is suspended in the turbulent flow and transferred ahead of the pig.
- Standard bumper noses cushion the pig and in-line auxiliary equipment, preventing damage.
- Circular flange brushes or block brushes in the following types and trim materials:
1. Trim types – flat wire or pencil.
2. Trim material – carbon steel, stainless steel, plastic or tin-coated.
- Transmitter housing to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.
- CARVER discs.