Versatile, economic and efficient. That’s the MD pig. Designed especially for medium to long pigging runs, its primary function is to displace water during the hydrostatic testing stage of construction. For example, the operator simply fills the line with liquid, displacing the liquid without removing the pig. With its bi-directional design, it can travel in either direction.
Designed to negotiate 1.5D bends, the MD2 & MD4 pigs move reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- Every MD Series pig, up to 14”, features a through-bolt mandrel design, complete with a pull hook. Typically, the longer the intended pig run is, the more discs are required. To address this, every MD Series pig larger than 16” is equipped with either two or four discs, and bolted to a rugged steel mandrel.
- To maximize durability, all discs are made from Reliathane, Apache’s special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- With repeated use, sealing discs can experience wear and tear. The MD pig can still reverse direction without compromising its sealing capabilities.
- Every Apache MD2 16”- 48” pig is manufactured with by-pass ports. These ports feature threaded plugs that can be removed, should by-pass be required. By removing the by-pass plugs, a portion of product flow is redirected through these openings. The debris is suspended in the turbulent flow and transferred ahead of the pig.
- Standard bumper noses cushion the pig and help to protect in-line auxiliary equipment, preventing damage.
- The MD Series is available in either the standard MD2 or the heavy duty MD4 design.
- Transmitter housing to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- CARVER discs.
- Custom-made gauge plates in aluminum, steel, slotted or standard style.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.