The Series UM4X with block brush provides moderate cleaning during the construction phase, as well as regular pipeline operations. How is this possible? The answer lies in the three versions of the UMX. While the two-cup design of the UM2X pig efficiently cleans and scrapes pipelines, the UM3X three-cup and UM4X four-cup design pigs are used to gently clean pipelines. They are typically used for longer distance operations.
Designed to negotiate 1.5D bends, the Series UM4X pig moves reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- Given that anomalies are a fairly common feature of a pipeline scheduled for maintenance, it’s reassuring that pigs mounted with conical cups can traverse pipeline anomalies without damaging essential inline auxiliary equipment.
- Every Series UM pig is equipped with Apache Series M cups. As with all of Apache products, the Series M cup was especially developed to perform efficiently and reliably. To maximize durability, it’s made from Reliathane, Apache’s special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- Every Apache UM4X 16”- 48” pig is manufactured with by-pass ports. These ports feature threaded plugs that can be removed, should by-pass be required. By removing the by-pass plugs, a portion of product flow is redirected through these openings. The debris is suspended in the turbulent flow and transferred ahead of the pig.
- Standard bumper noses cushion the pig and in-line auxiliary equipment, preventing damage.
- Circular flange brushes or block brushes in the following types and trim materials:
1. Trim types – flat wire or pencil.
2. Trim material – carbon steel, stainless steel, plastic or tin-coated.
- Aluminum or steel gauge plates in slotted or standard styles.
- Transmitter housing to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.
- Urethane Plow Blades – Designed to replace a XB block brush, the 3-Rib urethane removes paraffin wax and similar deposits from the pipe wall that normally collect and cram between the bristles of a block brush. Our plow blade profile performs a similar function to the 3-Rib, but is used primarily for pipe sizes 16” – 18”. Both blade types are also excellent tools for removing debris in non-metallic or internally coated pipe without damaging the pipe wall coating.