Non-Intrusive Pig Signaller with UL/CSA Class 1 Division 1 Hazardous Location Certification
With thousands of systems sold around the world over the past 15 years, the CD52 pig signaller has developed a strong reputation in the industry for its reliability and durability in even the harshest environments.
The CD52 Bandit is a non-intrusive pig signaller which uses either permanent magnets or active transmitters mounted onto the pig to detect passage from 0.022 to 45.73 mph (0.01m/s to 20 m/s).
A relay closure on passage allows the Bandit to be interfaced to a wide variety of systems including SCADA, PLC’s, lights, horns, etc.
|Detection Type:||Non-intrusive, Magnetic|
|Devices Detected:||CD42 Transmitters or CD52 Permanent Magnets|
|Passage Visual Indicator:||LCD flashes one hour after passage
LCD holds steady for next 11 hours
Auto-Resets at 12 hours
|Passage Electrical Indicator:||Isolated Dry Contract Closure|
|Detection Speed:||0.01 meter/sec to 20 meter/sec|
|Battery Life:|| One full year minimum on tow standard
D-Cell alkaline batteries
|External Power:||24VDC (21.6 to 26.4 VDC Allowable Range|
Features & Benefits:
- The CD52 Bandit provides quick and easy non-intrusive pig passage detection of any pig and transmitter moving between 0.1 and 20 meters per second. Non-intrusive means less maintenance and corrosion, and no possibilities of pipeline leaks.
- Quick and Easy Installation: No hot-tapping required. The CD52 Bandit can be installed in minutes by any field technician.
- Sensing means of the CD52 Bandit consist of a set of patented, non-intrusive proprietary noise-canceling antennas invented by CDI specifically for pig passage detection. This antenna system gives the Bandit its ability to reject nearby magnetic noise and halt costly false-positive triggering. A small, safe, permanent magnet or active transmitter installed on a pig is all it takes to put the Bandit to work!
- Remote Signaling of a passage is easy with built-in flashing LCD visal display and dry-contact relays. These normally-open or normally-closed relays may be used in conjuction with existing SCADA systems to integrate the CD52 Bandit into a pipeline control and signalling network. An optional array of four high-luminosity LEDs can be seen over distances as great as 100 meters (328 feet).
- Sunshade helps protect the Bandit from intense sunlight by reducing overall temperature inside, thus prolonging the life of the electriconic components. 316 stainless steel construction guarantees long life in a harsh pipeline environment.
- Heater system recommended for operation below -22°F (-30°C).
- LineStat satellite radio for transmitting passage time, date, and GPS location via email or SMS message.
- Remote Indicator System provides passage indication up to 328 ft (100 meters).