The Series UC4X with block brush provides aggressive cleaning during the construction phase as well as regular
pipeline operations. Let’s face it, when a pipeline is being constructed, it’s a messy business, so it’s important that
the pipeline interior be kept clean throughout the process. Apache developed the Series UCX just for this purpose.
At times it’s necessary to clean a line more rigorously, which requires additional cups. Bearing this in mind, the
Series UCX is available in three versions. The two-cup design of the UC2X pig provides a basic level of aggressive
cleaning capability. With each additional cup, the Series UCX pig cleans more rigorously. Therefore, the UC3X threecup
and UC4X four-cup design pigs are progressively more powerful cleaning tools. They are used to aggressively
clean and scrape pipelines, and are typically used for longer distance operations.
Designed to negotiate minimum 3D and greater bends, the UC4X pig moves reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- Every Series UCX pig is equipped with Apache Series C cups. As with all of Apache products, the Series C cup was specifically developed to perform efficiently and reliably. To maximize durability, it’s made from Reliathane, Apache’s special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- The large wearing surface of the cup promotes longer life, while product pressure holds the cutting edge firmly against the pipe wall.
- The UC4X is manufactured with block brushes that are available in a variety of trim options.
- Every Apache UC4X 16”- 48” pig is manufactured with by-pass ports. These ports feature threaded plugs that can be removed, should by-pass be required. By removing the by-pass plugs, a portion of product flow is redirected through these openings. The debris is suspended in the turbulent flow and transferred ahead of the pig.
- Standard bumper noses cushion the pig and help to protect in-line auxiliary equipment, preventing damage.
- CARVER discs.
- Transmitter housing to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- Circular flange brushes or block brushes in the following types and trim materials:
1. Trim types – flat wire or pencil.
2. Trim material – carbon steel, stainless steel, plastic, or tin-coated.
- Aluminum gauge plates in standard styles.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.
- Two (UC2X) and three cup (UC3X) configurations.
- Urethane Plow Blades - Designed to replace a XB block brush, the 3-Rib urethane removes paraffin wax and similar deposits from the pipe wall that normally collect and cram between the bristles of a block brush. Our plow blade profile performs a similar function to the 3-Rib, but is used primarily for pipe sizes 16” - 18”. Both blade types are also excellent tools for removing debris in non-metallic or internally coated pipe without damaging the pipe wall coating.