The Series UC3 pig is another great example of how Apache provides the pipeline industry with tools that get the job
Let’s face it, during the contruction phase, it can be a messy business, so it’s important that the pipeline interior be
kept clean throughout the process. Apache developed the Series UC just for this purpose. The Series UC is primarily
used for light cleaning during the construction phase and can be used in all phases of pipeline cleaning.
At times it’s necessary to clean a line more rigorously, which requires additional cups. With this in mind, the
Series UC is available in three versions. The two-cup design of the UC2 pig provides a basic level of light cleaning
capability. With each additional cup, the Series UC pig cleans more rigorously. Therefore, the UC3 three-cup and UC4
four-cup design pigs are progressively more powerful cleaning tools. They are used to lightly clean pipelines, and are
typically used for longer distances.
Designed to negotiate minimum 1.5D and greater bends, the UC3 pig moves reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- Every Series UC pig is equipped with Apache Series C cups. As with all of Apache products, the Series C cup was specifically developed to perform, efficiently and reliably. To enhance durability, it’s made from Reliathane, Apache’s special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- The large wearing surface of the cup promotes longer life, while product pressure holds the cutting edge firmly against the pipe wall.
- Every Apache UC3 16”- 48” pig is manufactured with by-pass ports. These ports feature threaded plugs that can be removed, should by-pass be required. By removing by-pass plugs, a portion of product flow is redirected through these openings. The debris is suspended in the turbulent flow and transferred ahead of the pig.
- Standard bumper noses cushion the pig and help to protect in-line auxiliary equipment, preventing damage.
- CARVER discs.
- Transmitter housing to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- Aluminum gauge plates in standard styles.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.
- Two (UC2) and four cup (UC4) configurations.