Every newly constructed pipeline requires hydrostatic testing, but before that can take place, the line must be immaculate. To achieve this level of cleanliness, Apache offers the rugged EDX, a seriously aggressive cleaning pig. Equipped with sturdy block brushes that forcefully scrub away residue and debris, the primary function of the EDX is to aggressively clean the line before testing, leaving it in a pristine condition, ready for assessment.
Designed to negotiate minimum 3D and greater bends, the EDX pig moves reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- The EDX pig is a very economical four-sealing, two-guide disc bi-directional pig. It not only provides a solid seal, its tough, spring-loaded brushes mean that it meticulously cleans line interiors, leaving them free of scale and debris. To enhance versatility, the EDX is manufactured with block brushes that are available in a variety of trim options.
- The pig’s durable guide discs center the sealing discs in the line, forming a quadruple seal that virtually eliminates product by-pass.
- Standard bumper noses cushion the pig and help to protect in-line auxiliary equipment, preventing damage.
- To maximize durability, all discs are made from Reliathane, Apache’s special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- Every Apache EDX 16”- 48” pig is manufactured with by-pass ports. These ports feature threaded plugs that can be removed, should by-pass be required. By removing the by-pass plugs, a portion of product flow is redirected through these openings. The debris is suspended in the turbulent flow and transferred ahead of the pig.
- Circular flange brushes or block brushes in the following types and trim materials:
1. Trim types – flat wire or pencil.
2. Trim material – carbon steel, stainless steel, plastic, or tin-coated.
- Transmitter housing to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- CARVER discs.
- Aluminum gauge plates in slotted or standard styles.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.
- Urethane Plow Blades – Designed to replace a XB block brush, the 3-Rib urethane removes paraffin wax and similar deposits from the pipe wall that normally collect and cram between the bristles of a block brush. Our plow blade profile performs a similar function to the 3-Rib, but is used primarily for pipe sizes 16” – 18”. Both blade types are also excellent tools for removing debris in non-metallic or internally coated pipe without damaging the pipe wall coating.