Every newly constructed pipeline requires hydrostatic testing, but before that can take place, the line must be very clean. If you’re in search of a pig that provides moderate cleaning capability, Apache offers the EDR. Equipped with sturdy circular flange brushes that forcefully scrub away residue and debris, the primary function of the EDR is to moderately clean the line before testing, leaving it in a pristine condition, ready for assessment.
Designed to negotiate 1.5D bends, the EDR pig moves reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- The Series EDR is extremely effective, providing a thorough and deep clean.
- With repeated use, sealing discs can experience wear and tear. The EDR pig can still reverse direction without compromising its sealing capabilities.
- To maximize durability, all discs are made from Reliathane, Apache’s special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- Circular flange brushes in the following types and trim materials:
1. Trim types – flat wire or pencil.
2. Trim material – carbon steel, stainless steel or plastic.
- UT Mandrel to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- CARVER discs.
- Aluminum gauge plates in slotted or standard styles.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.