Every newly constructed pipeline requires hydrostatic testing, but before that can take place, the line must be very clean. If you’re in search of a pig that provides excellent cleaning capability, Apache offers the EDR. Equipped with sturdy brushes that forcefully scrub away residue and debris, the primary function of the EDR is to clean the line, leaving it in a pristine condition.
Designed to negotiate 1.5D bends, the EDR pig moves reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- The Series EDR is extremely effective, providing a thorough and deep clean.
- With repeated use, sealing discs can experience wear and tear. The EDR pig can still reverse direction without compromising its sealing capabilities.
- To maximize durability, all discs are made from Reliathane, Apache’s special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- Every Apache EDR 16”- 48” pig is manufactured with by-pass ports. These ports feature threaded plugs that can be removed, should by-pass be required. By removing the by-pass plugs, a portion of product flow is redirected through these openings. The debris is suspended in the turbulent flow and transferred ahead of the pig.
- Circular flange brushes or block brushes in the following types and trim materials:
1. Trim types – flat wire or pencil.
2. Trim material – carbon steel, stainless steel, plastic, or tin-coated.
- Transmitter housing to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- CARVER discs.
- Aluminum gauge plates in slotted or standard styles.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.