The Series ED pig is an extremely hardworking pig. With its bi-directional design, it can travel in either direction. When it comes to displacing air and water during hydrostatic testing carried out during construction, the ED pig gets the job done, quickly and efficiently.
Designed to negotiate 1.5D bends, the ED pig moves reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- By using the ED pig comprised of four sealing discs and two guide discs, it provides an effective seal that’s critical when separating dissimilar fluids or dewatering during hydrostatic testing.
- With repeated use, sealing discs can experience wear and tear. The ED pig will still reverse direction, without compromising its sealing capabilities.
- To maximize durability, all discs are made from Reliathane, Apache’s special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- Circular flange brushes in the following types and trim materials:
1. Trim types – flat wire or pencil.
2. Trim material – carbon steel, stainless steel or plastic.
- UT Mandrel to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- Aluminum gauge plates in slotted or standard styles.
- CARVER discs.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.