Looking for more effective cleaning and sealing capacity? Then look no further than the Series DMD. Every pig in the series is equipped with two sealing discs and two Series M Cups. These multiple sealing components create a positive seal between dissimilar fluids, while simultaneously providing a bigger surface area. As a result, its sealing capacity, scraping capability, and overall cleaning ability is greatly improved.
Designed to negotiate 1.5D bends, the Series DMD pig moves reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- The DMD pig is configured to offer a sealing arrangement that is used to separate dissimilar fluids, and to lightly scrape pipelines during longer distance operations.
- Given that anomalies are a fairly common feature of a pipeline scheduled for maintenance, it’s reassuring that pigs mounted with conical cups can traverse pipeline anomalies of up to 20% without damaging essential inline auxiliary equipment.
- Every Series DMD pig is equipped with Apache Series M cups. As with all of Apache products, the Series M cup was especially developed to perform efficiently and reliably. To maximize durability, it’s made from Reliathane, Apache’s special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- Every Apache DMD 16”- 48” pig is manufactured with by-pass ports. These ports feature threaded plugs that can be removed, should by-pass be required. By removing the by-pass plugs, a portion of product flow is redirected through these openings. The debris is suspended in the turbulent flow and transferred ahead of the pig.
- Standard bumper noses cushion the pig and in-line auxiliary equipment, preventing damage.
- To use a Series DMD pig for different applications, cups can simply be added or reconfigured.
- Circular flange brushes in the following types and trim materials:
1. Trim types – flat wire or pencil.
2. Trim material – carbon steel, stainless steel, plastic or tin-coated.
- Aluminum or steel gauge plates in slotted or standard styles.
- Transmitter housing to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.
- CARVER discs.