Aggressive, effective cleaning is the name of the game for the Series DCDX pig.
The DCDX pig features two sealing discs, two Series C Cups and block brushes. These multiple sealing components
create a positive seal, while simultaneously providing a larger sealing surface area. As a result, its sealing capacity,
scraping capability, and overall cleaning ability is greatly improved. It is used to aggressively clean pipelines, and is
typically used for longer distance operations.
Designed to negotiate minimum 3D and greater bends, the DCDX pig moves reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- Every Series DCDX pig is equipped with Apache Series C cups. As with all of Apache products, the Series C cup was specifically developed to perform efficiently and reliably. To enhance durability, it’s made from Reliathane, Apache’s special blend of wear-resistant polyurethane.
- The large wearing surface of the cup promotes longer life, while product pressure holds the cutting edge firmly against the pipe wall.
- The DCDX is manufactured with block brushes that are available in a variety of trim options.
- Every Apache DCDX 16”- 48” pig is manufactured with by-pass ports. These ports feature threaded plugs that can be removed, should by-pass be required. By removing the by-pass plugs, a portion of product flow is redirected through these openings. The debris is suspended in the turbulent flow and transferred ahead of the pig.
- Standard bumper noses cushion the pig and help to protect in-line auxiliary equipment, preventing damage.
- Circular flange brushes or block brushes in the following types and trim materials: 1. Trim types – flat wire or pencil. 2. Trim material – carbon steel, stainless steel, plastic, or tin-coated.
- Transmitter housing to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- CARVER discs.
- Aluminum gauge plates in slotted or standard styles.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.
- Urethane Plow Blades - Designed to replace a XB block brush, the 3-Rib urethane removes paraffin wax and similar deposits from the pipe wall that normally collect and cram between the bristles of a block brush. Our plow blade profile performs a similar function to the 3-Rib, but is used primarily for pipe sizes 16” - 18”. Both blade types are also excellent tools for removing debris in non-metallic or internally coated pipe without damaging the pipe wall coating.