Effective batching and separating capability is the name of the game for the Series DCD pig.
Every pig in the series is equipped with two sealing discs and two Series C Cups. These multiple sealing components
create a positive seal between dissimilar fluids, while simultaneously providing a bigger surface area. As a result, its
sealing capacity, and overall batching and separating capability is greatly improved.
Designed to negotiate 1.5D bends, the Series DCD pig moves reliably through piping systems.
Features & Benefits:
- The DCD pig is configured to offer a sealing arrangement that is used to separate dissimilar fluids, and to lightly scrape pipelines during longer distance operations.
- Every Apache DCD 16”- 48” pig is manufactured with by-pass ports. These ports feature threaded plugs that can be removed, should by-pass be required. By removing the by-pass plugs, a portion of product flow is redirected through these openings. The debris is suspended in the turbulent flow and transferred ahead of the pig.
- Standard bumper noses cushion the pig and help to protect in-line auxiliary equipment, preventing damage.
- Circular flange brushes or block brushes in the following types and trim materials:
1. Trim types – flat wire or pencil.
2. Trim material – carbon steel, stainless steel, plastic, or tin-coated.
- Transmitter housing to accommodate electronic tracking equipment.
- CARVER discs.
- Aluminum gauge plates in slotted or standard styles.
- Magnets can be used to either collect ferrous and other construction debris, or they can be used to provide a change in magnetic field required by non-intrusive pig signaler detection devices.